A Note to Our Guests About the Fall COVID-19 Dining Expectations
August 03, 2020
As we begin to look to the fall and returning to campus, Seminole Dining will look different as well. We have taken precautions to help keep both our students, faculty & staff, and employees safe.
During this National Pandemic, we need to look at the safety of our guests and employees. The below steps will help us achieve that:
- We will be using a 3 phased approach to define our deployment. Phase 1 – Restricted (To Go only, no indoor seating); Phase 2 -Relaxed Restrictions (To Go only, limited indoor seating); Phase 3 – Return to New Normal.
- Adjustments, progression or regression, of the phases of operation will be determined in conjunction with Florida State University.
- In an effort to provide the safest environment possible, we will begin dining operations in Phase 1 (Restricted) with all locations offering To-Go Dining only (no indoor seating). Even though the service model has been modified to address the safety needs, the quality and taste of our food offerings is still the hallmark of our program. Additional outdoor seating has been added throughout campus to enjoy.
- Dining Halls will be offering To-Go style service, featuring your favorite stations such as Homestyle, Grill, Deli, Salad and Dessert stations, with optimized selections bolstered by pre-made and pre-packaged options.
- Seminole Dining will be 100% cashless beginning Fall 2020 (Accepting Seminole Dining Dollars, credit and debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay).
- For hours of operation for all dining locations, visit http://seminoledining.com
- Your feedback is important to us. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 644-3663.
- Touchless entry and separate entry and exit options, if practical, along with enhanced sanitation procedures in the entry ways, including hand sanitizing stations.
- A “Welcome Center” displaying navigational traffic pattern, the menu for each station, and other safety and service expectations; such as 6ft social distancing and mask requirement reminders.
- Augmented signage that includes floor decals to reinforce traffic patterns and social distancing.
- A friendly greeting by our team, standing behind a plexiglass barrier and equipped with appropriate PPE.
- Floor decals and consistent signage to reinforce traffic patterns and social distancing.
- A one-way travel pattern that allows them to efficiently move from the “Welcome Center” to their selected stations. Guests will enter through one door and exit another when locations permit.
- Stations, attended by uniformed staff, who are wearing and using appropriate PPE serving you. All self-service food stations have been eliminated during Phase 1.
- Staff frequently sanitizing serving stations to ensure safety and instill confidence.
- Efficient station designs for each menu module to ensure quality selection and service and optimal sanitation standards.
- Face coverings will be required upon entering of all dining locations.
- Lines and Wait Times – When maintaining social distancing, occupancy restrictions and serving the number of guests on a daily basis, our Phase 1 approach may create more than normal lines and wait times. We will do our best to move through lines as quickly as possible and make this transition as easy as possible. We ask that you please be patient and allow extra time when visiting a location.
- Want to minimize your wait time? Online Ordering is available through GrubHub, a free mobile app that allows you to order your favorite meals and beverages from select locations be ready when you are. Choose a location, browse the menu, set up payments, all from your device.